Skip to main content

4 Chibok Girls released

This certainly is a very cheering news.

Four out of the over 200 schoolgirls abducted
from Government Girls’ Secondary School,
Chibok, Borno State, have been released by the
Boko Haram.
The Chairman, Chibok Local government Council,
Mr. Bana Lawan, said on Wednesday that the
girls fell ill and were released by their captors.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Lawan
gave the information in Abuja at a one-day
stakeholders’ meeting for validation of draft
humanitarian response plan for the abducted
girls.
The meeting was organised by the National
Emergency Management Agency (NEMA).
He said the girls were released on Tuesday to
bring the number of those that had regained
their freedom to 57.
Lawan commended Nigerians for showing
concern and support for Chibok people, saying
the support had restored the hope and
aspiration of the people for the return of peace
to the community.
He also praised the Federal Government’s
prompt intervention through the provision of
relief items for the people.
He urged the government to resuscitate the
facilities destroyed by the insurgents and
improve security in the affected school to boost
the morale of the students.
Lawan explained that boys were encouraged to
attend GGSS in Chibok because of the lack of
education facilities in the area and appealed for
the construction of boys’ hostels in the school.
He said the construction of the hostels would
reduce the hardship faced by the students, who
attended school from afar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olajumoke Orisaguna Working Out At The Beach

The new model has to stay fit. Olajumoke is pictured below with fellow models from her agency. 

Ezekwesili: We’re Being Reminded Of Military Era

Oby Ezekwesili, leader of the Bring Back Our Girls (BBOG) group, has described the prevention of the group from accessing the presidential villa as a reminder of the‎ military era. Addressing journalists shortly after the police stopped the protesters, Ezekwesili said the presidency had been notified of its procession to the villa gate, where the citizen movement was to deliver a message to the government. She expressed surprise that the group was stopped, saying BBOG would deliver its message‎ on the road notwithstanding the barricade. The campaigners are at present holding a commemorative session on the busy secretariat road, causing traffic congestion. The protesters had set out from the Unity Fountain in Abuja around 10:30am, but met a wall of police officers on the road leading to the villa.

Lil Kesh To Leave YBNL Before End Of Next Month

A Confirmed source close to YBNL disclosed to us that Lil Kesh is about to use the Exit door from Olamide’s owned record label, YBNL . Our source confirmed that his contract expired 2 weeks ago and Lil kesh said he’s not interested in renewing the deal. Lil Kesh will be floating his own label soonest named “YAGI” soon. Our source further confirmed that this is the main reason why Olamide has not said anything concerning shooting or releasing a video for any Track on the Lil Kesh’s Album… Very Unusual of YBNL. We’ll keep you all posted as new stories unfold in the YBNL’s Camp.