Skip to main content

Juan Mata Apologises

Manchester United forward Juan Mata has apologised for his team's Premier League meltdown against Leicester that left them 12th in the league after five matches.
United looked set for a comfortable win after moving 3-1 ahead at the King Power stadium on Sunday, but some abject defending in the final half hour allowed Leicester to record their first home win over the Red Devils in 29 years, eventually running out 5-3 winners.
"After a whole week waiting for the match I could not imagine a Sunday like this," Mata said.
"The way back from Leicester to Manchester on the bus seemed really long.
"I keep thinking about how we lost a game that was under control.
"It's really tough to score three goals away and come back home with no points.
"On our way back to Manchester I was thinking about what had happened and felt so disappointed as all those that came with us to the stadium.
"Honestly, I feel very sorry that the weekend ended up for our fans in such a sad way."
Former United captain Gary Neville said the team looked "soft-centred" and ex-Holland striker Ruud Gullit criticised manager Louis van Gaal for spending the majority of his transfer budget on the likes of Falcao, Angel di Maria and Ander Herrera when defensive reinforcements were needed more.
Former United coach Rene Meulensteen also expressed his surprise that Van Gaal had not yet handed Luke Shaw his debut.
Van Gaal left Shaw on the bench for the last two games despite a number of injuries in defence.
Asked whether he thought his fellow Dutchman does not rate £28million signing Shaw, Meulensteen told TalkSPORT, "Yes. It's a big surprise for me.
"He would have been informed by the club that they were putting this bid in for Shaw because he's an up and coming player.
"He's got a good left foot and a lot of pace. He's got a lot to learn to get to a Man United level though.
"He's a great prospect but he's brought (Marcos) Rojo in, which is bad news for Shaw."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olajumoke Orisaguna Working Out At The Beach

The new model has to stay fit. Olajumoke is pictured below with fellow models from her agency. 

Ezekwesili: We’re Being Reminded Of Military Era

Oby Ezekwesili, leader of the Bring Back Our Girls (BBOG) group, has described the prevention of the group from accessing the presidential villa as a reminder of the‎ military era. Addressing journalists shortly after the police stopped the protesters, Ezekwesili said the presidency had been notified of its procession to the villa gate, where the citizen movement was to deliver a message to the government. She expressed surprise that the group was stopped, saying BBOG would deliver its message‎ on the road notwithstanding the barricade. The campaigners are at present holding a commemorative session on the busy secretariat road, causing traffic congestion. The protesters had set out from the Unity Fountain in Abuja around 10:30am, but met a wall of police officers on the road leading to the villa.

Lil Kesh To Leave YBNL Before End Of Next Month

A Confirmed source close to YBNL disclosed to us that Lil Kesh is about to use the Exit door from Olamide’s owned record label, YBNL . Our source confirmed that his contract expired 2 weeks ago and Lil kesh said he’s not interested in renewing the deal. Lil Kesh will be floating his own label soonest named “YAGI” soon. Our source further confirmed that this is the main reason why Olamide has not said anything concerning shooting or releasing a video for any Track on the Lil Kesh’s Album… Very Unusual of YBNL. We’ll keep you all posted as new stories unfold in the YBNL’s Camp.